FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
On behalf of the staff at PS24, I am happy to welcome you to the 2023-24 school year! We are delighted to be welcoming all of our children back and have eagerly anticipated the full reopening of our school. We have taken every step to ensure that safety is at the core of every decision we make and that we continue to keep each other protected. Our continued commitment to fostering resilience, perseverance, empathy, and the ability to communicate effectively will help our students thrive academically, socially and emotionally.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a solid partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education.
As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that s/he:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time (Please follow CDC guidelines)
2) Reads daily to develop a love for reading in both languages if the child is in a dual language class
3) Plays math games daily
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
7) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed
Please consider joining our school PTA as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s PTA and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
The wonderful PS24 staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you. Any suggestions or ideas you have are welcomed.